In addition to being a performer, Maria has taught dance to students of all ages for the past eighteen years. Following college, Maria continued her dance education at the Broadway Dance Center in New York where she is a guest instructor. She has trained closely under renowned teachers such as Rhapsody James, Luam Keflezgy, James Jackson Jr., Carlos Neto, Lisette Bustamante, Chonique Sneed and Dana Foglia.
Maria works with students of all ages and levels. She travels internationally to teach. In 2012 Maria was selected to be a mentor for the program Creating Opportunities (www.creatingopps.com) developed by world-renowned choreographers Lisette Bustamante and Chonique Sneed.
Maria holds a B.A. in Psychology and Masters in Reading Education. She also holds a Connecticut Teaching Certificate and is certified through Fitness, Gymnastics and Acro federations (listed below).
- AFAA Group Fitness Certified -
- bodyART Certified Instructor -
- Adult and Pediatric First Aid, CPR and AED certified -
- ACRO levels 1-6 through USA Gymnastics -
- USA Gymnastics Safety Certified - Artistic Gymnastics Coach -
- State of Connecticut Certified Coach -
Read what Maria's students and their parents have to say!
-Parent of a 5 year old student-